Monday, January 2, 2017

Does family really matter?

sumber:http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/11899444_164987020508166_956900359_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTA4MjA3ODQ5MzI5ODMxODI0NQ%3D%3D.2

I’m supposed to edit 2 articles, pack for ‘live in’ program that I will attend for a week from tomorrow, and do my internship’s tasks. Instead, I’m writing this damn article.

You can call it a way of proscatinating; I call this my way to survive from Life, who is now trying to fuck me.
Let me get to my point.

Yesterday, I went to my friend’s house to celebrate the first day of 2017 together. At his house, there are him, his mom, his dad, his lil bro, and 2 cousins.
What amazed me was how warm it was to be in his house. I’m not living there and the warmness strucked me hard. There was this one scene that I remembered exactly in my mind.

For the sake of this story, let’s call his mom Shizuka and his dad Pikachu. (hence the photo)

Shizuka was cooking something in the kitchen when Pikachu came in to watch his wife cooked.
Then Shizuka joked, “Wah, mau pesen apa nih, Pak?”
What surprised me, is that Pikachu laughed hard because of the joke. And I swear, with the name of deities or watever it actually is, that I saw Pikachu looked LOVINGLY at Sizhuka.

Do you know the look that Prince Charming give to Cinderella while dancing? Or in the Sinetron while the main male lead watch the girl from afar?
I literally saw ‘that look’ LIVE.

And then I asked my friend and I found out that Pikachu and Shizuka have been married for over 20 years.
Here is the thing, I have a friend that has been together with me for 9 years. And if she joked to me while cooking, “Wah, mau pesen apa nih, Jenn?”
I will definitely give her a poker face and sarcastic reply. Such as, “Seriously? Do I even need to laugh at that?”

And that’s my 9 years of friendship. And this is 20 years of marriage!

This is only an example, whilst I saw a lot of other warm scenes in front of my eyes. I even asked my friend to just adopt me into his family………………. Not that my family is bad or such, but just the warmness overwhelmed me way too much than it should.

I used to think that life is all just about working hard, getting a nice job (that I like), and getting lots and lots and lots of money. Then everything will be fine. Relationship problems come later and it’s not even that important.

But after yesterday, it literally changed my mindset. I do want a warm and nice family in the future. To think about it, I want that warmness even more than I’ve ever wanted a stable yet nice job.
To find my significant other who will laugh at my stupid jokes. To receive ‘that look’ from a special someone. And to make a warm yet nice family together. I want them all. I know that it’s hard to find him, I know. But it’s not impossible, and I’m holding onto that.

So am I family-oriented or work-oriented? I don’t know. Maybe I’ll know in the near future, or even I will never get to figure it out.

What I know, is just family is also important. Family matters. And that you guys should also figure that out before it’s too late:)

JElim.

No comments:

Post a Comment